Facilitated open-hearted conversations to help us stay connected, share insights and remain centred.
Prepare a hot drink, settle into your seat and join the conversation. You’re welcome to share your thoughts or simply listen in.
We begin with a conversation starter, a seed thought or question, and enter into small group discussions to share and explore. Returning to the main session there is the opportunity to share or just listen in. The events normally run for an hour, with many staying for another 15 minutes for further discussion.
Enriching Conversations connect the community, online, in real time. The event is open to all. If you are interested in joining, and are not formally a member of Young Jains, you are still a member of our community and will certainly enrich the conversation by joining.
The events have already brought together new as well as familiar faces of Young Jains, to discuss how we can embrace the treasury of Jain Dharma in today’s challenging circumstances.
- Thursday 4th February 2021, 8pm-9pm UK time (+15 mins of bonus conversation)
“It was lovely seeing some familiar faces during the Enriching Conversations meet up on Wednesday evening. It was nice sharing my current experiences and comforting to know that others have been going through similar thoughts about all that is happening at the moment.” Poonam Shah
“Really nice to hear people’s honest perspectives and they were fresh, genuine perspectives. I tend to find it’s easier to relate to these genuine perspectives, so we can learn from other people’s experiences.” Hershal Shah
“Lovely to share, discuss and listen to thoughts regarding the current situation and applying the Jain principles in formulating coping mechanisms.” Tejal Doshi
Share your feedback
Have you attended an Enriching Conversations event and would like to share feedback? Please complete the short feedback form.
Resources from previous sessions
During some of our previous sessions, we shared resources for those who are seeking further support.
Session topic: Coping with death and how Dharma supports
- bereavementcareandsupport.co.uk Bereavement Care (London boroughs of Harrow and Hillingdon)
- cruse.org.uk Cruse bereavement care (UK nationwide)
- community.sueryder.org Sue Ryder online bereavement support community
- mind.org.uk Mind, the mental health charity
- mindinharrow.org.uk Mind in Harrow (local support – Harrow)
- samaritans.org Samaritans
- email@example.com – for support navigating resources
Session topic: How Dharma supports our mental health
- samaritans.org 24/7 support line: 116 123
- mind.org.uk Mental health charity
- themix.org.uk Essential support for under 25s
- youtu.be/XiCrniLQGYc WHO – I have a Black dog video
- firstname.lastname@example.org – for support navigating resources
Volunteer as a breakout room facilitator
If you’re interested in volunteering as a breakout room facilitator, please complete the volunteering form and one of the team will be in touch soon.
Contribute to the Young Jains Magazine
Would you like to write for the Young Jains Magazine about your experience of Enriching Conversations? Please drop an email to email@example.com