Jai Jinendra. Thank you for visiting the Young Jains website. Here you will find the latest news, various events that take place throughout the year, as well as details of upcoming events. If you are viewing the site on a mobile device you may need to scroll to the bottom to view the upcoming events.
Shri Chandana Vidyapeeth Jain School and Young Jains are delighted to announce the schedule of Forest Walks for this year. All Walks are on Sundays. Our walks are open to all – from any faith or none. Our pace will suit most ages. You will need good footwear. Please contact us in advance, if you have special needs. 🌳
1) 15 May – Stanmore Country Park. Easy. 2 hours. 2pm start: Walk Planners: Ketan supported by Jitendra. Beautiful forest that has oak and birch trees. A wonderful viewpoint at the top of the hill and an enthralling lake en-route. For the eagle eyed, a chance to spot the elusive muntjak deer.
2) 19 June – Ashridge. Moderate. 3-4 hours. 11am start Walk Planners: Jigna supported by Kruti. The 20kms of woodland is located in the Chiltern Hills, an area of outstanding Natural Beauty and very popular. Home to the well known Ivinghoe Beacon. Take a nice snap at the top of the hill!
3) 10 July – Chess Valley. Moderate. 3-4 hours. 11am start. Walk Planners: Tejas supported by Sandip. The Chess Valley is near Rickmansworth and as you might guess follows the the River Chess! It has some of the most attractive countryside and is well known as an area of natural beauty. You will fall in love with the breathtaking views deep in the valley.
4) 14 Aug – Broxbourne Woods. Easy. 3-4 hours. 2pm Start: Walk Planner: Pramit. The woods are part of of the Sessile Oak and Hornbeam woodland. Recognised as a special area of conservation of European importance. Look out for Bronze Age relics and a Roman road.
5) 11 Sep – Potters Bar. Easy. 2 hours. 11am Start. Walk Planners: Kruti supported by Jigna. We will visit Firs and Pond Wood that are opposite the Oshwal Temple. The woods have an ancient meadow going back to medieval days. The reserve is one of the best places to spot dragonflies and damselflies. We end the walk with a shared picnic at the Oshwal Centre and perhaps a game of frisby!
🌲🌲🌲Come and enjoy being a part of nature, experience the beauty of forests. We have wonderful team who will plan and deliver these walks.🌲🌲🌲
Young Jains Magazine
Young Jains is excited to launch the latest issue of our magazine- Hope.
As we make our way out of this pandemic, how do we continue to keep hope, especially given the tough lockdowns and restrictions.
In this latest issue, you will discover:
* The Soul self – the journey of divine light
* Hope… the ingredient of life
* A poem on Freedom
* Two frogs… a story of keeping hope
Young Jains would be grateful to hear from you on this latest edition. Please email email@example.com