Who do I want to be?
#Escape #Explore #Experiment
Date: 15th – 17th June 2018
Venue: Buckland Hall, Brecon Beacons National Park
We are very excited to announce the YJ Residential Retreat, which will take place at Buckland Hall, Brecon Beacons National Park. This is a fun filled weekend to escape the stress and rat race of life, explore our ancient Jain spirituality and philosophy and experiment with practical tools for daily life, with the surrounding countryside. This is the most unforgettable weekend of the year!
About Buckland Hall:
Buckland Hall is an amazing country mansion set in the spectacular countryside of the Brecon Beacons National Park, Wales. There are magical places within the 62 acres of gardens, parkland, woods, lake and pastures. It is surrounded by mountains with vistas and provides the perfect setting to be at peace with nature and delve deeper into one self.
YJ Member’s Early Bird price – £210
Students Early Bird price – £210
YJ Non-Member Early Bird price – £225
Please note the pricing above includes the following:
- Coach travel from a pick-up point in London to Buckland Hall on Friday 15th June and return to London on 17th June
- Two nights’ accommodation at Buckland Hall
- All meals provided for the duration of the weekend; breakfast, lunch, refreshments throughout the day and three course dinners
To purchase your tickets, click here https://tinyurl.com/yjretreat2018
What’s in it for me in attending?
The chance to get the Young Jains Experience at superb value starting with entry to the weekend convention. During this weekend, you will get delicious Jain Vegan Food, with scrumptious breakfasts, two course lunches and three course dinners. You will also have the opportunity to meet lots of other like minded people in an informal, friendly, warm, fun atmosphere. The weekend will be filled with icebreakers, workshops, meal breaks, Saturday evening entertainment.
The greatest benefit is to explore in depth Jain Dharma concepts and teachings. This allows to really get to grips with Jain Dharma, understand concepts so as to allow you the choice to use them in daily life – to really live the Dharma. The concepts are shared in simple English being made accessible, digestible, memorable and useable by using various mediums so that the whole mind (both left and right) and the senses are engaged in the active learning process. This is by the use of creativity, visual presentations, stories, modern music, acting, workshops, questions, audience participation etc.
A great asset is the content is delivered by presenters, many home grown within the U.K and active within Young Jains and some specially invited for the convention. People just like you and me. Our peers sharing with us can inspire us to seek further.
Who is it for?
The retreat is for you if you:
- Are a student or young professional
- Are curious to experience a different approach to learning, sharing and developing
- Have very little knowledge of the basics of Jainism so would like to enhance your understanding
- Know various topics and would like to understand how things “fit together”
- Have knowledge and would like to delve into this further
- Want to explore how Jain dharma is practical
Who will benefit from this retreat?
ANYONE with an open mind and an appetite for spiritual growth. All are welcome. The retreat doesn’t require any pre-requisite knowledge of Jainism. We will be explaining some of the core tenants of the philosophy using interactive workshops, simple analogies and stories. If you’re a working professional you’ll discover a practical approach to living Jainism in your daily life. If you’re a student you’ll meet like-minded individuals and discover the amazingness of your faith through workshops and discussions.
What to expect
- Lots of workshops, you choose what you want to explore
- An opportunity to learn the spiritual teachings of Mahavir Bhagwan; insights you can use consistently in everyday life
- A lively atmosphere; full of creativity, energy, fun and support
- The company of like-minded people and the chance to make life-long friends
- To leave with far more than you expected!
- Yummy, scrumptious food
- Chance to explore the surrounding countryside, rolling hills and vast meadows